Monday, March 2, 2009

Spelling Bee

We are so proud of Katelyn!! She took 2nd place in the school spelling bee! We were amazed as we watched her SMOKE the 5th graders! She was spelling words up there that I'm quite sure I couldn't have spelled! :)

The principal got through all the words they had sent home for the kids to study, and there were still 11 kids left in the competition. He decided to move on to the middle school words. Here was Kate's first word from that list (coordinate.) You can hear all the audience gasp when they realized that this little third grader actually spelled that big word CORRECTLY!!


Here is another one of her words... climatic. We have oodles more, but let's be honest. None of you want to sit here for hours looking at spelling bee video, nor to I want to sit here for hours uploading them! ha ha!

She had actually knocked out all of the competition several times, but to officially win you have to correctly spell a challenge word, and she kept missing the challenge word. When it was all over and she got second, she said "Mom, I'm kind of glad I didn't win. I don't think I could go through that again!"

1 comment:

Amy said...

She is amazing!! When she spelled coordinate I thought she spelled it wrong at first. Shows you how much I know!